Surprise surprise! Last week, a commercial trailer for “Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala,” the comeback teleserye of Judy Ann Santos for the Kapamilya network, hinted the end of the series this month, although no official announcement has been made.
Rumor has it that a conflict between Judy Ann Santos and the management arose.
“Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala” premiered on June 17 which marked Santos’ comeback after taking a self-imposed hiatus to take care of her family.
The series which tackled domestic abuse, violence against women and women empowerment, may not be a consistent high ranker in the ratings game but rated fairly well against its competitors on the same timeslot.
However, the teleserye was moved to a later timeslot to give way to Julia Montes, Enchong Dee and Enrique Gil’s “Muling Buksan Ang Puso.” The first change of time slot was not minded by Santos although that affected the show’s ratings since it got pitted against GMA-7′s “My Husband’s Lover.”
Reportedly, what irked Santos was when ABS-CBN poised to move again “Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala” to another later time slot this time to give way to Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla’s new show “Got To Believe.”
Alfie Lorenzo, Judy Ann Santos’ long-time manager, said it was the actress’ decision to cut short the teleserye’s run as she fears that stretching the plot might affect the series’ “okay” ratings. But reports said that Santos was the one who initiated the early ending of the teleserye, so that it won’t suffer when the scheduled change of time slot takes place.
Also, there were reports that Santos’ contract with the ABS-CBN is due to expire soon.