The Department of Education (DepEd) released Thursday the guidelines and policies for graduation rites and the 2013 Graduation Theme in accordance to DepEd Order number 9 series of 2013. Here the official memo of DepED for graduation 2013.
The theme for the 2013 Graduation Rites according to DepEd will be: “Building the Nation’s Future Leaders Through the K to 12 Basic Education Program” (K-12 Basic Education Program Tungo sa Paghuhubog ng mga Makabagong Lider ng Bansa).
The graduation rites for 2013 will be scheduled on March 18 to 19, 2013.
- Public school heads (SHs), teachers and other DepEd personnel should not be allowed to collect any graduation fees or any kind of contribution for the graduation rites;
- Parents-Teachers Association (PTA) may give donations in cash or in kind for the graduation ceremonies and celebrations;
- No non-academic projects should be imposed as requirements for graduation.
- No extravagant special attire or extraordinary venue for the ceremonies should be required;
- Graduation rites should not be exercised in splurging and display of pomp and pagentry but should be Spartan affairs which exhort civic duties, sense of community and personal responsibilities and should be memorable, exciting and animated without baggage of extra cost and excessive spending; and
- Contributions for the annual yearbook, if any, should be on a voluntary basis.
The DepEd also reiterates that the graduation rites should be conducted in an appropriate solemn ceremony befitting the graduating students and their parents and shall not be used as political forum.
Full Text of DepEd Order Number 9 series of 2013