FOX has announced the schedule and time slots of American Idol 2014 the 13th season of the hit reality TV singing competition. The season will start on January 15 and will end at the announcement of the winner in May 21.
Judges for this season will be Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. Former judge Randy Jackson will still be on American Idol 13 as a mentor to the contestants. Ryan Seacrest will still be the host.
In the Philippines, fans can watch the show at STAR World and ETC. STAR World will premier the start of the season on January 16 (Thursday & Friday) at 6PM and 7PM.
American Idol Auditions
Auditions took place in Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Detroit, MI; Omaha, NE; Salt Lake City, UT; and San Francisco, CA. Episodes of the auditions will start airing on January 15. Here’s the schedule:
- Jan. 15 (Wed) 8:00 – 10:00 PM: Season Premiere Part 1 – Boston, MA
- Jan. 16 (Thu) 8:00 – 10:00 PM: Season Premiere Part 2 – Austin, TX
- Jan 22 (Wed) 8:00 – 10:00 PM: Detroit, MI & Salt Lake City, UT
- Jan 23 (Thu) 8:00 – 9:00 PM: Atlanta, GA
- Jan 29 (Wed) 8:00 – 10:00 PM: Omaha, NE & San Francisco, CA
- Jan 30 (Thu) 8:00 – 9:00 PM: The Road to Hollywood
American Idol Hollywood Week
The Hollywood Week rounds will begin on February 5 (Wednesday) and will air through February 12. According to AmericanIdolNet, one of the season’s twists is that some of the hopefuls will be cut before they even step foot inside the Dolby Theater. After which, they’ll face “The Green Mile” of Hollywood Week. By the end of this round, the Top 50 will be cut down to Top 31 on February 13 (Thursday).
- Feb. 5 (Wed) 8:00 – 10:00 PM: Hollywood Week, Part 1
- Feb. 6 (Thu) 8:00 – 9:00 PM: Hollywood Week, Part 2
- Feb. 12 (Wed) 8:00 – 10:00 PM: Hollywood Week, Part 3
- Feb. 13 (Thu) 8:00 – 9:00 PM: The Green Mile; Semifinalists Revealed
Candice Glover Special
On February 18, American Idol Season 13 will air a special episode dedicated to season 12 winner Candice Glover, who will be celebrating the release of her debut album, Music Speaks.
- Feb. 18 (Tue) 8:00 – 9:00 PM: Candice Glover: Up Close and Personal; Presented by iTunes.
Semifinals Part One
In a new twist for Idol 13, contestants will be split into three “divisions” based on their ages — “seniors, intermediates, and juniors.” Each night of the semifinals round, a “division” will be singing for the American Idol judges and for America’s votes.
- Feb. 19 (Wed) 8:00 – 10:00 PM: Senior Division (22 & over) Semifinals
- Feb. 20 (Thu) 8:00 – 10:00 PM: Intermediate Division (18 to 21) Semifinals
- Feb. 26 (Wed) 8:00 – 10:00 PM: Junior Division (17 & under) Semifinals
- Feb. 27 (Thu) 8:00 – 10:00 PM: LIVE Results Show; Top 16 Finalists Revealed
Semifinals Part Two
The Top 16 from the part one of the semifinals will be cut to the Top 12 Idol finalists in a special two-night performance and results show week.
- Mar. 5 (Wed) 8:00 – 10:30 PM: Top 16 Semifinalists Perform & Fast Passes Awarded LIVE
- Mar. 6 (Thu) 8:00 – 10:00 PM: LIVE Results Show; Top 12 Completed
American Idol Finals
The Top 12 will go into a rotation of a live performance show on Wednesday, followed by a half hour live results show each week on Thursdays. The round will end on May 15 (Thu) with a one hour expanded live results show to announce the final two contestants going into the finale.
- Wednesdays, beginning March 12 (8:00-10:00 PM) Finalists Perform LIVE
- Thursdays, beginning March 13 (8:00-8:30 PM) LIVE Results Show (½ Hour Episodes)
- Thursday, May 15 (8:00-9:00 PM) LIVE Results Show; Final 2 Revealed (500th Episode)
American Idol 13 Finale
The Season Finale of American Idol 2014 will take place on New York City live from the Madison Square Garden on May 20 and 21.
- Tuesday, May 20 (8:00-9:00 PM) LIVE Season Finale, Part 1 – Final 2 Perform (Special Tuesday Airing)
- Wednesday, May 21 (8:00-10:00 PM) LIVE Season Finale, Part 2 – Winner Announced