The requirements for the 2014 DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Exam are now released by the DOST.
A. About the Scholarship Program
The Department of Science and Technology – Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) offers two (2) scholarship programs for undergraduates: the RA 7687 and Merit Scholarships.
The RA 7687 scholarship is awarded to qualified applicants who belong to families with low socio-economic stautus.
The Merit Scholarship, on the other hand, is awarded to qualified applicants regardless of their families’ socio-economic status.
The DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination will determine the awardees.
B. Scholarship Qualifications
- Natural-born Filipino citizen.
- He/She must belong to the top five percent (5%) of the regular high school graduating class -or- a member of the graduating class of DOST-SEI identified or DepEd-recognized science high school.
- Good moral character.
- Good health condition
- Qualifier of the 2014 S&T Scholarship Examination
RA 7687 Scholarship:
- Above requirements including:
- poor, talented and deserving student who belongs to a family whose socio-economic status does not exceed the set values of certain indicators
- resident of the municipality for the last 4 years as attested by the barangay;
C. Not Qualified to Apply
You are not qualified to apply if:
- those who have earned units in any post-secondary/undergraduate course;
- those who have taken any previous DOST-SEI Scholarship Examination; and
- those who have applied for immigrant status in the USA or any other country.
D. Scholarship Privileges
Examinees who successfully qualified for the DOST-SEI Scholarship will be receiving the following privileges:
Note: Second column shows the privileges for RA 7687 scholars while the third column is indicated for Merit Scholarships.
E. Scholarship Requirements
An awardee must comply with the needed requirements to maintain their scholarship.
a) An awardee must seek admission and enroll at any of the:
a.1 State universities and colleges.
a.2 Tertiary institutions identified as Centers of Excellence or Centers of Development by CHED for the priority courses.
a.3 DOST-SEI identified network institutions.
He/She should pass the qualifying examination for admission to the university where he/she plans to enroll in
b) An awardee shall comply with the terms of the Scholarship Agreement to be entered into between himself/herself, parents or
legal guardian and the DOST-SEI.
c) After signing the Scholarship Agreement, the awardee’s name shall be included in the lists of scholars needing clearance from
DOST-SEI forwarded to the appropriate government agencies for tracking purposes.
d) An awardee shall maintain the grade requirements of the scholarship.
e) Upon completion of his/her course, an awardee shall serve in the country, preferably in his/her home region, on full-time basis along his/her field of training for a minimum period equivalent to the length of time he/she enjoyed the scholarship.
F. Application Requirements
- DOST-SEI Information Sheet (Form A) | Download it here
- Certificate of Good Moral Character (Form C)
- Certification that applicant belongs to the upper 5%of graduating class (Form D1); or Certification that applicants belongs to the graduating class of DOST-SEI identified or DepEd recognized science high school (Form D2)
- Statement of applicant that he/she has not taken any undergraduate or post secondary course (Form E)
- Statement of parent that applicant has no pending application as immigrant to any other country (Form F)
- Two recent (1”x1”) pictures
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
RA 7687 Scholarship:
- Above requirements plus
- Family Information Questionnaire (Form B)
- Certificate of Residency (Form G)
- 2012 Income Tax Return/W2/Employment Contract /BIR Cert. of Tax Exemption/Municipal/Brgy. Cert. of Non-employment.
- 3 consecutive months of Electric Bill for 2013
G. Application Forms
The application form can be obtained at the following:
- Science Education Institute, 2nd level, Science Heritage Bldg., DOST Cmpd.
- Offices of the Congressmen and Senators
- Or download the forms here.
H. Deadline of Filing for Application
The deadline for the filing of application will be on August 23, 2013 (Friday)
I. Schedule of Examinations
September 22, 2013 (Sunday)
1st batch 7:00AM to 12:00NN
2nd batch 1:00PM to 6:00PM
J. Test Permits
The Test Permits shall be mailed to the applicant or school principal for distribution to the applicant.s In case hte test permits are note received within the week before the examination day, the examinees may inquire from the DOST Regional Office/PSTC and check the nearest designated test center a day before the examination.
K. Testing Centers
For the list of testing centers, please refer to this brochure.
L. Examination Fee
A non-refundable test fee of Php200 will be collected.
The DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination is an aptitude test designed to measure abilities that determine academic and professional succes in science, mathematics and engineering. The test is divided into two major components:
Scientific Ability; Quantitative Ability; Mechanical and Technical Ability; Linguistic Ability; Imagery; Inspection; Sensorimotor Ability and Working Memory.
N. Selection Criteria
The awardees shall be selected on the basis of their performance in the 2014 DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination.
For questions, please comment below.