Congratulations to 2,436 passers for the Special Employment Permit System – Test of Proficiency in Korean Examination released by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) that was held last March 17, 2013 at San Beda College in Manila.
In relation to the MOU on the Sending of Workers between the Ministry of Employment and Labor of the Republic of Korea (MOEL) and the Department of Labor and Employment of the Philippines, the next Test of Proficiency in Korean EPS-TOPIK in the Philippines is to be conducted as follows:
1. Announcement of EPS-TOPIK
The EPS-TOPIK is an exam used as selection criteria for jobseekers in Korea for the purpose of improving proficiency of Korean and pair selection of Foreign workers who hope to work in Korea. It also evaluates the level of Korean language skills of job applicants and promotes adaptation to Korean life. It is a 50-item exam for 1 hour and 10 minutes on Listening and Reading.
Applicant must register only in the registration venue where he/she wants to take the test
- Must be 18 years of age and not more than 38 years old on the next EPS-TOPIK exam date
- Must be physically and mentally fit
- Must not have any record of conviction or imprisonment
- Must not have any record of deportation or departure orders from the Republic of Korea
- Registered with active status in the POEA Manpower Registry
Registration venues will soon be posted.
What to Bring for registration:
- Valid passportor valid governmaent-issued Identification Card with picture and date of birth such as SSS, GSIS, Driver’s License or Voter’s ID
- Two (2) pcs. passport size colored picture showing a full face with no hat and taken not more than six (6) months before registration
- Registration/Test fee – US $24 or Php1,044.00. (previous exam)
3. Conduct of EPS-TOPIK
All job seekers who want to work in Korea under the Employment Permit System should pass the EPS-TOPIK, implemented by the Human Resources Development Service of Korea (HRD Korea) authorized by the MOEL, and only those who passed the test are allowed to submit the job application form for EPS.
Test Structure & Scores:
|Question Structure||No. of Questions Given||Total Score||Time Given|
- Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Listening and Reading test are done continuously without a break.
4. Announcement of test results
Results of the first special EPS-TOPIK exam was already released by the POEA.
5. Submission of Medical Certificate
6. Preparation of jobseekers roster
7. Transmission of jobseekers roster
- Employment permit application/issuance
- Application for worker’s entry
- Application and issuance of CCVI
8. Signing of labor contract
9. Pre-departure contract
10. Visa application and issuance
11. Entry confirmation
12. Departure of worker
- Worker Training/Turnover to employer
According to the MOU between Ministry of Employment and Labor of the Republic of Korea and the Department of Labor and Employment of the Philippines on the Sending and Receiving of Workers under the Employment Permit System of Korea, only the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) has the legal authority to send Philippine workers to the Republic of Korea.
Passing the EPS-TOPIK does not guarantee employment in Korea but only inclusion on the available list of jobseekers available for employment.
Those who fail to pass the medical examination, has record of illegal stay in Korea, cannot be selected as job seekers.