Update: For the 9th EPS-TOPIK Korea, please visit List of qualified applicants for the 9th EPS-TOPIK
In relation to the MOU on the Sending of Workers between the Ministry of Employment and Labor of the Republic of Korea (MOEL) and the Department of Labor and Employment of the Philippines, the following are the schedules for the next Test of Proficiency in Korean EPS-TOPIK in the Philippines.
All job seekers who want to work in Korea under the Employment Permit System should pass the EPS-TOPIK, implemented by the Human Resources Development Service of Korea (HRD Korea) authorized by the MOEL, only those who passed the test are allowed to submit the job application form for EPS.
1. Test Schedule
[table id=22 /]* The schedule can be changed according to EPS circumstances and number of applicants.
[table id=23 /]* All examinees must be in the test room before the orientation time.
2. Allowed Type of Industry: Manufacturing, etc.
If an applicant applies for a designated recommendation to his/her last workplace (employer) where he/she had worked more than a year, he/she should select the same industry of the workplace. For this reason, applicants should select the industry carefully considering the mentioned condition.
3. The number of passers: To be announced
The number of passers will be announced later separately in the order of the high scores among the applicants who scored more than 80 points out of 200, regardless of industry.
4. Test Place and Date Announcement
Test Place: CBT (Computer Based Test) Examination Room
Address: 6th Floor POEA, BFO Building, Ortigas Avenue corner EDSA, Mandaluyong City
- website of EPS-TOPIK )
- the bulletin board and website of POEA (http://www.poea.gov.ph)
5. Qualifications (Eligibility)
- Reemployed workers who voluntarily leave within their permitted sojourn period (Time of returning: Not before January 1st, 2010)
- Persons aged between 18 and 38 Persons born between Apr 16, 1975 and Apr 16, 1995
- Persons who have not been convicted of imprisonment or heavier punishment
- Persons who have no record of deportation or departure orders from the Republic of Korea
- Persons who are not restricted from departure of home country
6. Registration Procedure
Period: Apr 16~19, 2013 (For 4 days)
Place: Designated POEA Registration Sites as follows:
National Capital Region and South Luzon
Occupational Safety and Health Center (OSHC)
North Avenue corner Agham Road
Diliman, Quezon City
North and Cental Luzon
POEA Regional Center for Luzon
3rd-4th Floor Shania Bldg.
San Fernando City
POEA Regional Center for Visayas
DOLE Bldg. (Insular) Gorordo corner General Maxilom Avenues,
POEA Regional Center for Mindanao
2nd Floor, AMYA II Bldg.
Quimpo Boulevard corner Tulip Drive
Ecoland, Davao City
- Copy of passport on their return home (to prove he/she is a voluntary returnee)
- Application form (Free distribution at the registration place, only to he applicants who paid the test fee)
*Registration numbers are written on each application form, and one applicant can receive and submit one application form. If there is any error in an application form, please correct it with correction fluid or tape and submit it.
- A copy of passport (or ID card)
*A copy of passport (or ID card) is required to be attached on the application form
*It is preferable to attach a copy of passport (or ID card) written in English (especially name)
- 2 photographs of 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm (taken within 6 months)
Test fee: 24 USD (Php984)
*If an applicant who has avoidable reasons cancels his/her registration during the registration period, the applicant can get full refund. (However, re-application after cancellation is not allowed)
Registration will be made in the order of receipt, and if the applicants overly applied an additional test date will be decided and the test will be conducted accordingly. Its date also will be announced on the announcement date of the designated test venue and date for each applicant.
7. Test Summary
[table id=24 /]
All of the questions are to be taken from closed question bank based on “The Standard Textbook for EPS-TOPIK”.
Test Structure and Allotment of Scores and passing standard.
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- R/C and L/C will be implemented continuously without a break.
Items to prepare on the test day.
- Admission Ticket5
- Passport (or ID card)
*All applicants are required to bring his/her passport (ID card) of which is the same with the one posted on his/her application form.
*No applicant is allowed to take the test without passport (or ID card).
8. Announcement of Test Result
Announcement Date: Jun 28, 2013
Results are now posted for the 2nd EPS-KOREA CBT, view them here.
9. Other Information
- If an applicant is confirmed as a non-voluntary returnee, his/her test result will be considered invalid even if he/she passes the test and the applicant should take full responsibility on that.
- Those who pass the test will benefit from a shortened re-entry procedures including faster job registration and placement, and exemption from pre-departure training.
- On the test day, mobile phones, cassette players, PDA, MP3 player, electronic dictionaries, and other electronic devices which can possibly be used in cheating during the test are highly prohibited.
- Test will be void, and examinees will NOT be eligible for taking the test
- for 2 years in case of cheating during the test.
- If an applicant’s personal information on the passport is not exactly the same as the one on the application form (name, date of birth, and gender), their registration to the EPS job seekers’ roster and entry to Korea is not permitted in any case, and the applicant is fully responsible for any problem caused by the differences in their personal information.